Jan. 30, 1996 : Old Vilano Bridge torn down


The old Vilano Bridge is being torn down having been replaced by the new fixed span concrete bridge named the Francis & Mary Usina Bridge which opened October 28, 1995. The old span had opened in 1939 but had a checkered life plagued by mechanical failures, fire and weakened pilings.

Source: St. Augustine Historical Society